Friday 28 July 2023

 


I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES

I  believe in miracles and I REALLY believe the SNAKE AMONGST SHADOWS mystery adventure novel which was published in 2014 is just one of them.  

As I must have mentioned I live quietly in a Council flat in Tottenham which the Council insistently have been trying to refurbish for quite sometime now. Anyway, on the morning of the 27th of JULY 2023 I let two handy men into my home. They said they were hired to reconstruct some parts of the house. Specifically the bathroom area. 

I remember going through the specifications of the bathroom area with them in the house when one of the men a middle aged fellow pointed a finger at me and said suddenly, 'The resemblance is striking and you bear the same name'. 

'What exactly are you talking about? I asked gobsmacked. I was still trying to get my head round  what he was actually saying. And, then he asked again, 'If you don't mind, what exactly do you do?' 

I must be honest I felt embarrassed. Then I said, 'I teach school.' 

The middle aged man said, 'have  you written anything  because you do look like the guy who wrote a book called SNAKE.....' Before  he could complete the sentence I nodded my head and said, 'I am the guy who wrote SNAKE AMONGST SHADOWS'.

He gasped and then said, 'I thought you were. You're famous. I've been aiming to buy that book on Amazon. I was doing some research and stumbled upon it.'

I giggled. 

'Is it a series novel and have you written any more books?' The question didn't throw me off balance. But, I had some explaining to do. I told him I had a new novel in the curated series called 'FALCON' coming out SOON. And, I was on the verge  of finishing the third book as well which I couldn't comment on.

'well' the middle aged guy eventually said, 'you're famous and you're humble and a complete gentleman. You need to see  the raving reviews online about your first thriller'. 

The handy man whose name was Dave said he would like to buy a copy of the SAS book off me when I told him I had some copies in my possession. He came back the following morning with his colleague to continue the job they were contracted to do in my rented home. I gave Dave a signed copy of my SAS Book  I also gave him a note book in line with my merchandise pack. 

I really believe in miracles and I knew this experience was just one of them. It was simply a reminder that I was not an ordinary local crime fiction author. It also reminded me that I was a self-publishing advocate and a semantics teacher with a very specific profile one should be proud of.

THE RATTLESNAKE will RETURN.

STAY SAFE!